Monday, September 19, 2011

LUCKY NUMBER 7/SEVEN

A few years ago I was into numerology.  My soul number is seven.  It's a very spiritual number.  So suitable for this stage of my life.  Lately, I have been thinking about the number seven and its relation to my spiritual development and realized that seven has played a dominant role in religion, science, the arts, literature, business and education.  No other number has had greater influence on our lives than the number 7.  Here's how the number 7 plays out in our lives:

7 primary colors in the  spectrum
7 days of the week
7 musical notes/octave
7 wonders of the world
7 chakras or energy centers in the body
7 deadly sins
7 virtues
Snow White and 7 dwarfs (what was Snow White doing all alone with those dwarfs in the woods anyway?)
7Up soda
telephone system is based on 7 numbers
7 holes in the human head
song called "Seventh Son"
7 degress of separation
movies - "Seven," "The Magnificant 7"
7 layer cake
7 types of love
Elizabeth Barrentt Browing's poem there are seven ways to love
7 principles in Kwanzaa - an African American holiday
Paul Simon's "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" had only seven - slip out the back, Jack/make a new plan, Stan/No need to be coy, Roy/ Just listen to me/Hop on the bus, Gus/Don't need to discuss much/drop off the keys Lee/ (get yourself free)
7 tiles in Scrabble
movie "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People"
7 Seas
7 continents
7 ingredients in the Big Mac
7 is neutral on the pH scale - pure water has a pH of 7
7 years bad luck for breaking a mirror
7th child in family supposed to be good luck
dogs and cats grow older by 7 years
7 year itch
Joseph's result of interpreting the king's dream in the Bible - 7 years famine/7 years prosperity

There are many other ways that seven/7 plays out in our lives.  Can you think of any?  Cheers!!

4 comments:

  1. Seven Heaven!


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

    Comfort Spiral


    > < } } ( ° >



    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is pretty cool!
    Seven has always been my favorite number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven is regarded as a lucky number in the UK - is it the same in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloudia - haha! I forgot about that one. Very good. Cheers!!

    missing moments - I would not say that seven has always been my favorite number, but I like odd numbers. Strange? Odd numbers are yin in their energy. Cheers!!

    Val - I am not sure? I would think so because it shows up so much in our lives. It would definately make sense to me. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

about me

My photo
a fun-loving individual who loves good food, good drink, good conversation and good people

Blog Archive