Friday, April 27, 2012

CAREER CHOICES - SOCIAL WORK RATHER THAN MEDICINE/SCIENCE: What Was I Thinking?

I did not graduate in the "normal" sense of the word.  I obtain my GED in 1980.  I scored VERY high in the science area of the test, which leads me to my story.  A couple of years ago while sleeping in bed I noticed something very unusual.  Whenever I would sleep on my left side I would burp.  When I first discovered this, I thought - hmmmmm - very interesting.  What's up with that?  When I would sleep on my right side - NOTHING!  Only when I slept on my left side would I pass gas.  Isn't that funny?  I mentioned this to my roomate - at that time - and he noticed it happening to him too.  Wow!  What a discovery.  Only took me 50 years to find out.  Has anyone else realized this phenomena? 

Although social work is a very rewarding, but not a very highly paid profession, I do feel that I missed my true calling and could have been rewared greatly financially.   Ha.  Cheers!!

7 comments:

  1. I have never noticed that, but I did read something about Sleeping on your left side will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby.

    Hahaha.... I know that has nothing to do with anything, but I thought I would tell you that. I also read about when you have acid reflux, one side is better to sleep on than the other... not sure which though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is that when I sleep on my left side, my left shoulder hurts, and when I sleep on my right side, my right shoulder hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding, without social workers I'm at a loss. So I'm glad of your career choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry - LOL! My daughter is now 29years old. Way to old for me to remember that. However, for the past couple of years I have been suffering from acid re-flux. Probably due to my eating and lying down after eating - which I know is NOT VERY SMART and NO GOOD!!!!!! Cheers!!

    Vikeau - To your first comment - YOU ARE FUNNY AS ALL GET OUT!

    Vikeau - To your second comment - THANX! I love social work and the diverse people I work with suffering from a host of issues. Truth be told - I wouldn't have it any other way. I do have a bone to pick with this world. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! Sorry Vikeau. I must make a correction. I thought you made two comments. LOL! Both you and Val's name begins with V. Holy crap! Something you both share with our fave man VINCENT!!!!!!!!!!!

    Val - YOU ARE FUNNY AS ALL GET OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val - I certainly emphathize with your comment. I'm fine as long as I am moving. However, once I sit and relax myself or even get on the floor to exercise (which aint' too frequent - lol!) my bones hurt. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see YOU!




    Friendly Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } (°>

    ReplyDelete

about me

My photo
a fun-loving individual who loves good food, good drink, good conversation and good people

Blog Archive