Friday, August 19, 2011

A TASTY, SENSATIONAL CREATION!!

Do you like granola?  Do you like peanut butter?  Do you like caramel (pronounced car-mel, or ca-ra-mel - whichever!)?  Do you like ice cream?  Not just any ice cream, but rich, smooth, creamy premium ice cream?  Well, I have I got a treat for you.  They say that if you dish therapy, you had better be in therapy yoself.  Moreover, if you work in the field of addictions, as I do, more likely than not there's a damn good reason.  You probably suffer from an "addictive personality."  This is true because I have discovered, for me, a really addicting, scrumptous dessert.  Nature Valley has come out with a new cookie/bar called Granola Thins - Peanut Butter.  It's a thin, square crispy granola bar. 

How to make:  Buy some Hagan Daas Dulce De Leche flavored ice cream  - or your fave flavor.  Put a scoop or two in a bowl, break up the granola squares - one per scoop - in the bowl.  Mix.  Enjoy!!  Be careful!  Very addicting.

How I was introduced:  A friend, who works in real estate, invited me to go along with her to show a house to a prospective buyer.  I was hesitant to go because I had just gotten off work and was tired.  I told her that I would only go if she promised to buy me dinner.  She said yes.  So, we are riding along and I'm so hungry, I told her, "Look, I have to eat something now.  I'm famished.  Don't you have anything in this car - potato chips, cookies, candy - ANYTHING, SOMETHING?  She said, "Yes, as a matter of fact I do."  She went to the trunk of her car and came back with this box.  I ate one.  Then another, then another, and another, and another.  Until finally she snatched the box from my hands and said, "Don't eat all of them."  I said, "What are these and where did you get them?  These are fantastic."  She said that she found out about them exactly how I did.  She was sitting in a friend's car, hungry, and asked him if he had anything to snack on.  He whipped out a box.  She began eating them just like I did, one right after the other.  Funny. 

She took me to KFC!  One of my fave places to eat.  Yeah, I know - not very healthy, but delicious just the same.  Cheers!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I must stay away from these delicious sounding treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hagan Daas and KFC - what could possibly go wrong! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. missing moments - tell me about it. I have to see my cardiologist next month. I don't think he's going to be happy. LOL! Cheers!!

    Dianne - a girl after my own heart! You are a hoot. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete

about me

My photo
a fun-loving individual who loves good food, good drink, good conversation and good people

Blog Archive